Pumpkin Nut Butter Bars
(based on Heal-Balance-Live’s recipe)
1 cup almond or peanut butter
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sweetener
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350˚F/180˚C. Mix together the nut butter and pumpkin, then add the rest of the ingredients, and pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is firm. Let the pan cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
I tired these before giving them away. As you can guess, they have a unique flavor but I like them. If you’ve ever had a pumpkin cookie the taste and texture is similar but with a noticeable nut flavor.
Reblogging so I can try this later! Later as in VERY VERY SOON. I recently made pumpkin bars that I thought were “good” but am always on the search for more unique recipes. I love the thought of adding in a nutty side with the pumpkin:) *adds more pumpkin puree to grocery list*
The perfect Fall recipe!
Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate
(makes 4 servings)
3 cups whole milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
My husband makes these! They are really good.
You may have guessed by now that i love oreos, but then again who doesnt!
Difficulty: ★★★☆☆ (Moderate)
Yield: 40 truffles
- One pack of Oreo Cookies
- One 14 ounce pack of white chocolate bark
- One 8 ounce pack of cream cheese
- Sprinkles or decorating crystals (optional)
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachement, process oreos until a fine crumb is formed.
- Add the cream cheese through the feeder tube in approximately two ounce chunks, while the machine continues to run. Once all of the cream cheese is combined, you should have a soft, gooey dough.
- Shape the dough into balls with your hands, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Let rest in the freezer for at least 15 minutes—this will help everything stay together when you dip them in chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate bark or candy melts according to package directions. Place chocolate in a small bowl, and dip the oreo truffles in chocolate using a spoon. Carefully shake off the excess chocolate and place back on the parchment-lined sheet. You can add sprinkles or decorating crystals now, while the chocolate is still wet, if you desire. Once all of the truffles are dipped and back on the baking sheet, place the sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour or so, to allow the chocolate to set. Enjoy!